Alaska Summer Employment
Reservation Sales Agents - Anchorage
Description: Reservation and sales agents are responsible for selling our cruises, hotels, and other Alaska activities over the phone, via the Internet and directly with customers who visit our office in downtown Anchorage.
Duties include actively selling the cruise, collection of payment for bookings, replying to telephone, face to face and written inquiries, and tracking and logging the source of inquiries.
- Be a self-directed team player with energy, enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Possess courteous telephone and person to person communication skills
- Comfort with a variety of computer programs and applications
- Capable of working with diverse ages and cultures.
- Foreign language is helpful.
- Familiarity with Alaska is required. You will be expected to actively increase your knowledge of Alaska before and during your employment.
Candidates must have completed high school or be graduating in the Spring. Our primary season is approximately May 1st through September 30th, with some early season hiring from February through April.
To apply for a position as a Reservations Sales Agent in Anchorage, please complete the application for employment and submit the application with your resume to email@example.com.
Passenger Service Crew - Whittier
Description: Phillips Cruises is currently offering seasonal positions for Passenger Service Crew members. We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic and versatile team members that comprehend the meaning of customer service. Experience Alaska while working aboard a luxury catamaran. Our two vessels, the m/v Klondike Express and the m/v Glacier Quest operate daily through Prince William Sound.
- Active sales for the gift shop, snack bar, and sundries.
- Meal preparation and service
- Inventory, cleaning, general maintenance
- Marine vessel safety duties and line handling
An extensive personal contact with guests and providing narration and tour commentary is part of the required routine duties. Experience in these areas is considered in the hiring process. Familiarity with Alaska is required. You will be expected to actively increase your knowledge of Alaska before and during your employment.
Crew housing is provided in Whittier, Alaska for a nominal fee. Applicants should be 21 years of age or older and be physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Employees must adhere to a United States Coast Guard mandated pre-employment and random drug testing program.
To apply for a position as a Passenger Service Crew in Whittier, please complete the application for employment and submit the application with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.